at the Faculty of Health Sciences of the European University of Applied Sciences (EUAS) mainly within the full time Bacheor Degree Course in Speech and Language Pathology (SLP), the part time Bachelor Degree Course in SLP and Master Degree Course in research in Therapy Sciences in Rostock and Brühl (near Cologne).
- Speech development
- Assessment and intervention in speech sound disorders in children
- clinical reasoning
- Research methods and design
- Prevention of dylexia
Supervision of BSc and MA disserations at the EUAS and further universities (RWTH Aachen, G; University of Southern Denmark, Odense, DK; University of Sheffield, UK; Trontheim University, NO)
Supervsion of PhD projects and counseling of research projects in cooperation with the University of Sheffield, UK; RWTH Aachen, G; University of Southern Denmark, DK; STATPED, NO, ALO, LU.
Current research projects focus on
- the interaction of early speech acquisition (babbling and phonology in first words) with later lexical development (PhD Project Sigrun Lang),
- the phonological development and its disorders in Danish-speaking (Cooperation: Dr. Marit Clausen, University of Southern Denmark)
- the phonological development and its disorders in Norwegian-speaking children (Cooperation with STATPED Dr. Anne Frank / Dr. Kirsten Bjerkan/ Celine Alme, University of Trondheim, Norway).
- The development of evidence based assessment procedures for children with SSD (psychometric criteria of the PLAKSS-II; adaptation of the PLAKSS-II for Luxembourgian (Marise Zeyen, LU, ALO, LU, Anne Bracci, EUAS; DIFFKAS, a phonology test for Norwegian, Frank & Bjerkan)
Assessment and Support
I offer support to parents and Speech and Language Pathologist concerning the assessment, diagnosis and intervention of children with complex speech disorders, with or without language impairment.